Having a vision for your home is one thing…and having the budget for it is another. However, just because you can’t afford that complete kitchen redo right now doesn’t mean you can’t still make meaningful upgrades to satisfy your renovation urges while you save up.
Here are eight home renovation ideas you can do on a budget:
- Paint your kitchen cabinets. It might not be the full upgrade you were hoping for, but painting your kitchen cabinets is a great way to breathe new life into your kitchen without the big price tag.
- Change out a light fixture. Old light fixtures instantly date a room, but are easy and affordable to upgrade to a more modern look.
- Swap out hardware. From door handles to cabinet pulls, trade your old, worn knobs and hardware for something trendier.
- Wallpaper an accent wall. Once regarded as dated, wallpaper has made a huge come back in home décor trends — and, as a bonus, stick on wallpaper is super simple to apply.
- Upgrade your doors. Do you have scratched, dented or warped doors? Upgrading to new doors is an easy way to change the look of an entrance without breaking the bank.
- Change out your window treatments. While your window treatments are a small portion of your décor, changing them up can make a big difference to the look and feel of a room.
- Add board and batten or crown molding to a room. Both of these projects instantly add dimension to your walls and can be easily DIYed at an affordable price.
- Add built-in storage. Adding shelving or replacing a pedestal sink with a vanity is a great way to add beauty and function to a room in your home.
As a final reminder, renovations don’t have to be expensive or complicated to make a big difference in the visual appeal and livability of your home. Try one of the above budget updates and see how good it feels to renovate and save.