Shaker Style 101
The style of interior door you choose can make a big impact on your aesthetic. That’s why it’s helpful to have as much information about your decision as possible, so you can be confident you’re choosing the best door for you.
If you find yourself drawn to the Shaker style of door, here are a few quick details about this popular and timeless design to help inform your selection:
- Shaker style is characterized by minimalism. The doors have a flat center panel and squared edges, but do not traditionally use any detail work or embellishments.
- Due to the clean lines and symmetry, Shaker style doors are known for being a classic, understated look that can blend with many different interior decorating styles.
- The style is named for the United Society of Believers in Christ’s Second Appearing, a religious group more commonly known as Shakers. Based in the New England area, this group broke off from the Quakers.
- Shakers became known for their sturdy, durable and well-crafted furniture. The high-quality craftsmanship superseded any intricate detailing, allowing the group to offer their furniture for a fair price.
- The term “timeless” couldn’t be more accurate, since Shaker style doors have been around for centuries and continue to be a popular design for both interior doors and cabinetry.
If you’re someone who is drawn to clean lines and an understated, classic appeal, Shaker style might be just the right fit for you. Not only will you get a style that seamlessly integrates into most aesthetics, but you’ll also be joining a long-standing tradition of simple, well-made furniture.
Ready to see for yourself? Shop Shaker style doors now.
- Tags: Home Design
- Door Man